Sunday, October 30, 2011

Unconditionally, Head-Over-Heels, in Love

I have a post about Spark the Event coming but until then, I just wanted to share my and Ryan's happy news:

We're having a baby!


After 4.5 long years of trying, our little miracle is on its way.

I'm due in May, which means I'm almost out of the first trimester. I really had planned on waiting to say anything until I was 13-or-so weeks, but I'm just so excited that my big mouth can't be shut {or held responsible! - do you blame me?!}

We're thrilled, to say the least. So many years and tears and prayers have lead me to now and I'm still praying and the tears keep coming, this time out of gratitude and unconditional love.

I'll probably make everyone sick and tired of the things I start making for this kiddo, but bear with me, I'm sure they'll all be cute.

Here's another kicker - we're not going to find out the sex ahead of time. Ryan put it into words so well that I'm going to steal his.

"It's like finding out what you're getting for Christmas ahead of time but not getting to play with your new toy for 4 months!"

heh. This is why I love that man. He gets me and better yet, allows me to dictate.

So, that's that.

Thanks for sticking with me. I know it's been FORever, but I have news and updates forthcoming.

15 comments:

Erin Skidmore said...

yeah yeah yeah!!! we may be coming to ks for a few months after our baby is born, so we will have to do some mommy things together!!!

laura said...

SO EXCITED for you!

he/she will definitely one stylish baby!

bren & joe said...

Chelsea, that is so exciting! I'm really happy for you and Ryan!

ATnell said...

And know I've already told you a few times, but I am SO seriously excited for you guys. I think it is also fun that you guys are finding out the gender. I am curious to see all the adorable crafts you will create.

I'm also already thinking how to make your baby shower even cooler than you made mine. Good luck with that, huh?

valeri said...

i don't know that i've ever been more excited for someone to have a baby!!! this is officially GREAT news! and may is the best time to have a little one. good on you!

and please post ALL the adorable things you make this kiddo. cannot wait to see what you come up with.

megs said...

I cannot wait to see the beautiful crafts your love will create for your tiny miracle. I'm so over the moon for you and cannot even begin to express how happy I am hearing this news!! Love, love, love.

lex said...

Chelsea, what great news! I am so happy for you and Ryan (and for that lucky little baby). Very best wishes.

Tatia said...

Congratulations! You will be such an amazing mommy!

Cait said...

HOORAY!!! babies are time suckers, but the cutest time suckers ever. CRAFT NOW! =)

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I am so beyond happy and excited for you :-) What wonderful news and what a lucky little spirit to be joining your family!! Love and hugs to you!!

Julie Barnes said...

Congratulations! How awesome!

Jennifer Ellis said...

Wahoo! Awesome. Congrats Chels. You two will be amazing parents!

Karen Ruth said...

I second Ashley's comment. We'll have to make your shower the mother of all baby showers! SO happy for you {three}!

Katie said...

YAY CHELSEA! That is huge! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations!
Katie

Becka Beacham said...

Chelsea Marie, I am beyond thrilled and happy for you. That little baby is going to be loved so deeply. You are going to be an amazing mother because you're already an amazing friend.