Monday, July 28, 2008

Almost Debt-Free

With the selling of our condo, we were able to take the proceeds and pay off both of our vehicles. It's such a nice feeling, really, and I know we're VERY fortunate and very very lucky we made a great decision when we bought the condo. We are hoping the same fortune shines on us on our new house :)

Speaking of our new house - here's a picture of the front!



Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the interior and the ones that were posted online for the listing have subsequently been taken down (but they were uggo anyways) so you'll just have to wait. It's a twinhouse/townhome/duplex - whatever you want to call it.

3 bed
1.5 bath
1525 sq ft
AND a two-car garage.

It's in a GREAT neighborhood, which incidentally ended up being the swaying factor, and in a cul-de-sac. Double bonus.

It seems all the door/baseboard/trim out there is natural wood, so painting it white will probably be one of my on-going projects. Other than that, two of the rooms are a vibrant (in-a-bad-way) green, with most of the others being an off-white. We have a LOT of painting to do!

One awesome thing is my new office. I'll be working from home and there's a loft area at the top of the stairs that will be perfect for me to shut myself in and dedicate working hours to work. I'm thinking I need a pink desk and chair...

More updates to come.

7 comments:

audrey said...

Congratulations Chelsea! You are such a grown up. I'm so sad you're moving so soon because we were hoping to see you on our way back to Texas in a few weeks. Now that you have all those bedrooms I may have to visit you in Kansas. Good luck with the move!

AG Sisters said...

I love it!!! Its so cute! Cant wait to see pics inside! :)

exclusive_remedy said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait until I have some time off so I can come visit you guys! What do you think your October will be like ....? :)

Micah and Melinda said...

Its beautiful congrats!!! So what are you going to be doing from home?

Chelsea said...

mandi - October is great! that would be AWESOME if you could come visit. Ahhh, the single life - how I miss the freedom, sometimes. ;)

Melinda - I'll be working for my same company, which I've been with for 2 1/2 yrs. I sell software training solutions to businesses and other organizations to train their users. :) It's an awesome job.

Jeppsen Family said...

Cute place! I'm glad you found something you like. It always helps with the transition to a new town! Have fun decorating!! When does Ryan start school?

Evie B. said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see how you fix up the inside. :)