Tuesday, July 01, 2008

thank you thank you thank you

As made obvious by the title, I wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who came by on Saturday and hung out and was able to find a schnazzy pair of new kicks. I had a lot of fun just hanging out with people and I hope you all know how much I appreciate your friendships. That said, WE'RE MOVING IN NINE DAYS!

Yes, I'm a little excited, and I'm very nervous about finding a house in 4 days (that's how long we'll be in Kansas to look) and starting our transition.

Here are some beautiful flowers to share. Well, okay, they were beautiful a few days ago. I went to the florist on Friday afternoon and hand-picked this bunch. Being so expensive, you would think they'd last longer than what...4 days? I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they have any kind of guarantee, because honestly, they're not cutting the mustard. I already had to toss one of the gerberas and the stocks are brown and crispy, not to mention droopy daisies :( The only ones that have improved are the ranunculus.



On a happier note, I passed on peonies at said florist because they were $9/stem. Out of my price range. When I went to Costco this afternoon to get my Clomid prescription, I saw they had peonies priced as their growers bunch: $9 for 5 gorgeous blooms. See for yourself!

3 comments:

Gingerlylizzy said...

oooh, so pretty! Sorry I missed your party! I would have come however I had a girls overnight in Park City to celebrate my bff's birthday and we were gone most of the day Saturday (I meant to explain that earlier...)

At least we get to cook and eat together before you leave! I can't wait!

Evie B. said...

I love me some Peonies. I had tons and tons at my wedding. So pretty!

p.s. Don't move! :)

Micah and Melinda said...

Good luck in Kansas... I can't wait to see the house you pick! Travel safe