...you didn't know about me.
1. I love Martha Stewart's Weddings magazines. Even after I got married I subscribed to the magazine and I keep tons of old issues around. I think they have the best ideas for parties and decorating with that special touch.
2. I HATE the word YUMMY. I see it more and more in blogs (mostly food blogs) and I can't stand reading it. I'm okay with rachel ray's yum-o, and sometimes yum, depending on the context, but yummy...uh-uh. I also don't like the word veggies - just say vegetables.
3. I love real estate. I love looking at houses for sale and would some day like to be in a position to rehab houses. Not flip, no, that's too risky. I'm wanting to restore them. And I especially love older homes. This leads to #4.
4. I don't care for houses with garage doors in the front. oh, man, i hope this doesn't offend anyone! Not the purpose in the slightest, especially since about 99% of new homes have HUGE garages interrupting the facade of the home. I think this is why Ryan and I prefer older homes when garages weren't necessary for the horse and buggy. We're kindred spirits in this opinion.
5. I love scrapbooking, but I rarely use pictures. I'd say I'm more into paper crafting. I love seeing pages others have created, but I just haven't sat down and used pictures in scrapbooking for AGES.
6. I have a hard time finishing projects, largely in part to my project a.d.d. Self-diagnosis, but it drives my sweet sweet husband crazy. I get bored with projects easily, so I'll start 3-7 projects and come back to them time and again until they're finished. He calls this the Watkins' curse - I'm not the only family member guilty of being easily distracted. Good thing I'm an Alexander now, eh?
7. I want to open up a sweet shop bakery. This may not surprise many of you, if you've had the treat of tasting the fruits of my baking. I love to bake. My poor chubby (that's the nicest way to say fat, me thinks) body doesn't like it, though, so I'm not doing much of it at present. Anyways, this bakery of mine wouldn't really be a true bakery. We'd only sell cookies and sweet cakes and cupcakes and other decadent desserts. Oh, and all the decor in the bakery would be for sale. It would be a bakery and boutique all-in-one. This way all my seasonal decorations would be sold by the time the next season rolls around.
8. I've lost 120 lbs before. ...and then gained most of it back. As a freshman I lost 40 lbs from walking all over campus and not wanting to trudge down the the Morris Center when I was hungry. It jump started my attitude and over the course of 4 yrs I lost 80 more lbs. It took a LOT of work and a ton of exercising (obsessively and addicted), some not-so-healthy 2 mos of flirting with bulimia, and some developing of gall stones. I am KICKING myself for gaining weight back since I got engaged/married. Saddest story of my life, but I met the man of my dreams and I was so happy and content and preferred spending time with him than going to the gym. Oh, and see #7. Those didn't help.
9. This is in relation to #8. I don't have a gall bladder. I developed gall stones from not getting enough calories (I worked most of them off at the gym) and so I had the option of taking meds the rest of my life or having it removed. I got it yanked. I can't remember when it was exactly, I'm thinking it was in either 2002 or 2003, August of one of those years. It's the only organ in your body that's green. Kind of cool trivia. Anyways, the most annoying side effect is that I have no idea how food will effect me. And it's not the same reaction for the same foods. One time I might be fine, the next time I have to get to a bathroom within 10 minutes of eating. Not the funnest thing, but it's not the end of the world. Sorry for too much information. Anyone else missing their gall bladder?
10. I love cleaning when I'm pissed-off. Seriously, if you want me to clean furiously, just piss me off royally and I'll start scrubbing toilets and doing laundry and organizing. This isn't an invitation for my husband, mind you, but I get so much done when I'm fuming. Otherwise, I'm way too laid-back and nonchalant about lots of things. It makes for a less stressful life.
Okay, so that's all I've got for now. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you feel so inclined to carry on the tradition, go for it.