Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Projects

I have a few projects to share. I've been working with wool felt a ton lately and created these for springtime projects. The nice thing about felt, and particularly wool felt (there's a HUGE difference), is that you can be a little more tough with it and pull and push. It's a good thing. If it weren't so expensive, I'd use it more.

The carrots contain little bells that do more rattling than jingling, but oh well, they're still really cute. These pictures don't show how really cute they are.




Then I made a tiny strawberry. Initially I thought I'd use it as a pin cushion, but we'll see.

After the tiny strawberry, I attempted this huge one. I wish I could have gotten better pictures of it. I'll admit it took WAY longer than I wished it did (about 9 hours total) and I gave it away but now I'm wanting it back(!) - it was totally a labor of love that I think only I can appreciate.




I forgot to take pictures of my little dishtowel embroideries. THEY took a long time. Lots of french knots. LOTS. I'll update with a picture later.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Those are darling! I love the idea of pin cushions. You are so creative!

Aunt Lorie

PS: And Caroline loves her hair clip! She wears it lots.