Sunday, October 04, 2009

Found!

I mentioned here that I'd been unsuccessful in finding what my mind conjured up for the right side of the mantle. I sketched it out {like a toddler} here:

And my weekendtures {that's weekend adventures, for you squares} yielded the containers I couldn't find anywhere else!

A few coats of black spray paint for the bottoms {Ryan's starting to wonder if I have an addiction} and I set to work on making the tops.

The tops are constructed from a Dollar store cheap-looking topiary for the structure, Styrofoam bases to hold them in the black bottoms, and a bag of reindeer moss and floral pins from Hobby Lobby. That's it!

Lovely results, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Wahoo!!! Good job!

Evie B. said...

Perfect!!!!!!

laura said...

they look great! i love when a great idea comes together!

funny that you mention an addiction to black spray paint... i went a little crazy with my halloween decorations this weekend and wondered the EXACT same thing about myself!

Becka Beacham said...

Absolutely perfect - just like your drawing in the first picture.