Monday, April 19, 2010

Master Bedroom: Beginning of Reno

It was August of 2008 when we moved in and August of 2008 when we knew we hated our bedroom paint color.

Last summer was the rest of the house but it seemed to be the Master we were putting off until last...for whatever reason, I dunno...

This Saturday afternoon I got a bee in my bonnet and was tired of all the moping around so I recruited Ryan the Red {he's probably going to kill me for calling him that, but he's so cute! I love his red beard!} and off to the H.D. we went. A lot of money later and we walked out with two gallons of paint and a cartload of painting supplies.

Saturday night was the ceiling and taping off the baseboards, caulking any cracks and spackling any big holes. Sunday was coat no. 2 on the ceiling {I think it might need a few touch-ups} and the walls!

One coat later --thank goodness that's all it took-- and I only had the cut in work {the green at the top of the walls that you can see} for today.

Next up: baseboards and door trim.

7 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I LOVE grey... It's one of my favorite colors. I'm excited to see it when it's all finished! Are you doing anything else besides painting?

Chelsea said...

Yes! and thanks! I'm going to be making curtains and a cornice board and maybe a headboard down the road. We'll see. I want to get my craft room done, first.

ATnell said...

I'm impressed. To think that you did all this after I saw you mid-afternoon Saturday. Do you want to be hired by my next month?

laura said...

i've been looking for a good gray color for our bedroom! can you tell me the name of the color you used? it looks great! i can't wait to see everything done!

Chelsea said...

Laura - yes! It was seal gray by glidden. I kind of worked the system and took the sample up to the counter at home depot and asked them to 'color match' so I could get it in Behr with primer added. Technically they're not supposed to do that so maybe be coy about it?

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm all about gray right now! Great color.

Have fun at White Cloud and say hi to the 3 legged dog for me!

Nat said...

Your comment made me laugh so hard!! Totally not out of bounds. I would have expected nothing less from the girl who once said on her blog that her husband's beard gets her all hot and bothered. :)