Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lots of Pictures

There are so many pictures for this post so I'm going to keep the wording short and just explain pictures.

Also, the house is a WRECK. These were taken just after we started moving box upon box inside and nothing has/had a home yet. While it's not currently clean {my parents are in town and it adds to the mess} it's a lot better than it first was. We're still getting settled....probably will be for the next month.

Bedroom from bathroom - we have a sink/vanity in our bedroom. It's awesome.

Our bathroom: before. Currently being repainted. As you noticed from the picture of the bedroom, the people who painted before chose to live in a green and yellow cave. I don't think painting the ceiling the color of the walls is ever a great idea.

Two bedrooms. It's crazy to think we have enough beds to fill 3 bedrooms. These need to be repainted.

Stairs. The color isn't actually white or off-white, but because the baseboards are natural wood stained instead of white, it looks dingy. They will be painted one room at a time.

View of the living room from the loft.
Kitchen. The natural oak cupboards are crying for a painting. Should I do black or cream distressed? Any ideas or someone who's done it before?


Living room. See how we're limited in positioning of our entertainment center?

Our dining table. It's lovely. See the light fixture above the table? It needs to be remedied: either refinished {the bare minimum} or replaced {ideally}.

We broke down and our last {big} purchase was this bed. King size. It's awesome.

Finally, the arrangement I keep on the table. I need to make a runner or table spot of sort.

3 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

I love love love it!!! Oh i am so jealous, it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you...serves you right for getting such a cute place!

exclusive_remedy said...

Dude, it looks so spacious and awesome! I love it! I want to come see it for myself sooooo much!

Patience said...

What a fun project !I can't wait until we own a house and can do what we want with it. You have always had a talent for this kind of stuff. I can't wait to see your finished product! On my blog there is a link to Jessica's blog and Alicia has one too that is still in the creation stage. I'll put the link up for hers too. It's so great to be back in touch! I often wonder what is going on in your lives! Kansas look beautiful!! So green!