Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Calling. Hooray!

On Sunday I spent my last hour of church teaching. For the last time. Hip-hip! Not that I wasn't grateful for the learning experience, but do you ever just feel like sometimes you have so much to say but can't formulate how to get it out of your head, through your mouth, and into the air without gumming it up? That was me every month!

I don't know why I had such problems with my calling. Did I not prepare well enough? {uh...that could very likely be it} or was it just my issues with being in the spot light?

I don't like being in the spotlight. It's true. I have no problems being the brains behind an operation, like a well-planned party, for example, but I have this unexplained fear about being in charge! I much prefer when someone else is the master of ceremonies. Much.

So, Sunday morning we arrived to church uncharacteristically early. {Which is like, 10 minutes. Usually we're 10 minutes late. }

Just enough time to get pulled aside and released and given a new calling. Want to know what my new calling is? It sounds made up, really it does. 'Relief Society Publicity Coordinator.' Take that to the bank.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of organizing everyone's announcements. That's so nerdy of me? Right.

Here's the thing. We're a student ward, not a singles ward. But we're not even a student family ward. {Once the babers are old enough for nursery, the clan is booted to the family wards.} We have a healthy mix of young single adults and married couples. The stipulation is that you're going to school. So there are a few things that we miss. A monthly calendar for RS...on my list! Spotlights on the sisters? On my list!

We really enjoy our ward. LOVE it, in fact. Most of the people there are in similar situations as Ryan and I and to be able to worship together each Sunday with peers...well, it's just fantastic!

With being more organized spiritually, I'm hoping my temporal self will fall into line.

Especially because I only have 2.5 weeks until I start my job.

3 comments:

laura said...

that sounds like an awesome calling! ::jealous::

i'm totally the same way about the whole 'spotlight' stuff. i definitely like being 'behind the scenes' and in charge!

keep us posted on how it goes!

Natalie said...

We have a girl who does that in our ward, too. She also sends out an email every week with announcements and the summary of the RS lesson (for those in primary or who weren't there that sunday) Congrats! I'm jealous, too.

Gingerlylizzy said...

You will be good at that :)