Monday, April 27, 2009

PBS, NBC, ABC

Since we moved here to Kansas and we have chosen to be more wise in our monthly expenditures, our cable subscription has suffered. And by suffered I mean it's non-existent.

What was previously included in our HOA fees and taken for granted is sorely missed - at least by one member of the Alexander household.

So what do we do? We rely on the good old interwebbing of networked television shows and some not-so-up-and-up sources to catch the various series we now plan our evenings around. Yes, that's not even a lie.

Tonight was Chuck. And How I Met Your Mother, shortly followed by The Big Bang Theory.

We act slave to our internet. First thing in the morning I wake up, pee, brush my teeth and log in to my computer. Okay, I have a good reason, though. I work remotely and I really HAVE to do that.

But seriously, what did we do as a society before the internet?

Probably watched more TV and went outside more.

There's not really a point to this post from here. It went in a completely different direction than when I started it and what I intended it for. So I'll cut back to my original thought and leave it be.

I'm using PBS.org to watch another Masterpiece Classic. Little Dorrit. I'm really liking it. 5 parts, tonight is the 5th. All 5 are posted and up for a limited time. I'm guessing the first will be taken down shortly...very shortly. It's a great story, def. not a waste of time.

Even if you don't actually watch it, but simply listen, it's a whole heckuva lot faster than reading Dickens.

No comments: