Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday House 2010

I'll admit it. I wasn't really in the holiday spirit this year. There, it's out there.

We didn't really have any snow.
We didn't go out of town for the holidays.
{although we had some great visitors and great fun was had!}

And we didn't have a tree. {WHAT?! No CHRISTMAS TREE?} I know, I know. It seemed too daunting of a task at the time. It's not enjoyable when it just seems to loom over your head as a box needing a 'check' next to it.

So, I skipped it this year. Plain and simple.

Instead I opted to go au naturel with greenery and a few touches here and there.

I loved it.

I didn't miss the tree, actually.

And I didn't take many pictures! {oops!}

We hung stockings over the fireplace and stacked gifts underneath them. I made my cute little house in a jar and had fresh sprigs of pine boughs tucked here and there.

I think I'll try it again for next year.

Maybe I'll be less scrooge-y with my time. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Heather Bailey said...

That house-in-a-jar is crazy cute! Where in the world did you find those teensy trees, snowflakes & a reindeer?