Monday, June 04, 2007

Anniversary Inn

Ryan and I celebrated our first anniversary yesterday. Because of his work schedule, I told him to take Saturday and Sunday off, in addition to his regular days off of Thursday and Friday.

We started our extra long weekend off Thursday afternoon. We went to Rodizio Grill in Salt Lake for dinner (so delicious, too much meat - what else did i expect?!) and then went to the Anniversary Inn. I reserved the Jungle Safari room (there was a whole theme to the weekend), which turned out to be bordering on hilarious and tacky and cool, all at the same time. We showered from the trunk of an elephant (they totally should have installed the shower in the ceiling and had a waterfall effect) and slept next to a peeping Zebra.

Breakfast was good, though. They brought us juice and hot chocolate with a yogurt parfait and some sort of ham and cheese turnover and a delicious cinnamon roll. Seriously, so good.

So Friday morning we left the Inn and went to the Zoo! Ryan's been wanting to go for a long time and figured this was as good of time as any. So we got there right around noon and saw every single exhibit they had. Every. single. one. It was a disappointment (a tad one) that they didn't have the hippo anymore, nor did they have a lion, but they had rhinos and elephants (what do you get if you mix an elephant and a rhino?) and monkeys and a really fun bird show. Left there at 3ish and went to the in-laws.

Dad-in-law was heading on a scouting overnighter and mom-in-law was heading with Jani to California, so James was going to be left with a car he couldn't drive (stick shift). We were happy to offer my automatic as a trade for Joey's Jeep for the weekend.

Saturday morning we got up at 7 and went to the Scera theater for Pirates. We got tickets from my office and figured, eh, it's free...and we can always sleep later. Great movie.

But we didn't! We went home, I showered, got ready for the day, then we met Ki and Micah for lunch and went shopping for a bbq we were throwing together for that night. Alan and Tiffany came with their little baby, and my sisters Tara and Kayleigh came, as did Dan and Casey Ritter. I think everyone had a great time. We bought $40 in steaks and I think we have more than half left. Yum!

Tiffany and Alan were the last to leave around 12:30 and Ryan and I were sooo ready to hit the hay. I ended up sleeping until 2 the next afternoon because I had a scratchy and phlegmy throat and a terrible headache. And I'd slept so poorly that night.

Anyways, all in all it was a great milestone. Around 11:30 last night Ryan cut into the top tier of cake we'd saved from our wedding. Chocolate something or other...dang, it was GOOD! Thanks to mom for wrapping it so perfectly to save it.


Rocketgirl said...

Congrats on your first year!! And lucky with the wedding cake - we didn't have a cake at ours, ut everyone I've ever talked to had a horrific experience with the anniversary tier. Woot!

Rocketgirl said...

No, that didn't offend me! You're right, and they are all right, we DO need to get out and get busy becuase we'll think less about ourselves, it's good (and I loves me some good craft time). I promise I'm not offended at all! When I'm down in that mood, I wonder why there isn't another solution, that's all. I'm making fondue tonight;)