Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm coming off a shopping high

Wednesday night I was in Roberts and heard some woman talking about a sale the next day (Thurs from 7p-11p) and was glad I eavesdropped. 50% off your entire purchase?! wha? Yes, I know. So I thought, oh, I can stop in and grab something for my mom's b-day really quickly. riiiiighhht....

I've never seen Roberts so crowded. The lines were to the back of the store and I knew it wasn't going to be a quick 'grab-n-go' after I had to weave my way to the area I needed to get in. So I sent my dear husband to run his errands and an hour later just told him to head home when he was done and I'd have Kayleigh bring me home. I stood in the checkout line for 1 hr 20 min. It was longer than Black Friday.

But lookie what I scored:


This isn't the best picture. This is cut out of a thin wood and absolutely COVERED in black glitter.

Pardon the messy house - we have a guest right now and some of the stuff is his.

I got this one for my mom, but think I could easily make it. The moon is just wood, and the witch is made from a metal piece, painted and glittered and attached, but I think it would be just as cute to make it out of chipboard.


Kayleigh found some really cute felt embellishments that she's going to attach to hairpins (for Callie I think). So fun.

1 comment:

Evie B. said...

I LOVE the haunted house. I want one now! How much was it full price - I may have to splurge!

We need to meet. I think we'll be friends! :) CRAFT NIGHT!