Saturday, July 14, 2007

UPDATE: PayPal Fraud

I haven't gotten the money back yet. All of them cleared my bank account so it overdrafted by $1400. not good.

Luckily, it doesn't pull from my savings account, just goes to a credit card.

Wells fargo is investigating, as is PayPal. I called PayPal for an update yesterday and they said it takes about 10 days to get everything taken care of because they have to make sure the sellers aren't involved in the fraud and if they have already shipped items, they need to be covered too.

I DID find out that PayPal is VERY aggressive about prosecuting. The girl I talked to said they've extradited people from other countries to press charges and there are people in jail for this kind of fraud. Makes me feel a ton better.

I should have all the money back within 5 days, but the max is 10. She did say that banks have more fraud than PayPal because they monitor things so closely.

I'm feeling confident it shouldn't be a problem. But I did change my passwords on all financial accounts. DO IT NOW!

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

username and password for pr1ncessreva blog are both "lock" LOVE the toaster, sorry about the paypal mess!!!