Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vacationing in Utah

I love hanging out with family for the holidays. My family is pretty hectic and stressed, but so much fun {I think}. Ryan's is a lot more laid back and less formal but still a ton of fun, just different.

Wednesday: woke up at 5am so I could hurry and shower, do my hair, get packed {I left that until morning of - waiting for laundry} and in the car at 6am. Our airport in KC is about 50 min away and our flight left at 8:30. Get to Utah at 10:15am and hang out with fam for the day.

Thursday: Thanksgiving Day was pretty casual as well. I think most of us slept in until 9 or 10am and then just had breakfast as people got hungry. Mom had the foresight to cook an extra turkey the night before, so we had 2 turkeys, 1 ham, and 26 mouths for dinner at 4pm. {Surprisingly we didn't even touch the 2nd turkey until today!}

Friday: Slept in until 9:30, got showered and started running errands. Started cooking and baking and setting up for baby shower at 3pm. Baby shower was at 6pm - I totally should have planned for an extra 2 hours. I should have started baking at 1pm. Oh well, now I know. Baby shower until 9ish. So much fun. {See separate post}

Saturday: Today we woke up at the crack of the crack of dawn to get ready for 8am family photos. My BIL Chris is reporting to boot camp (Navy) on December 15th and since he signed up for 6 yrs, it's going to be a LONG time before we're altogether again. Also, Napril {the collective} live in Hawaii and probably won't be seeing much of the fam unless we head out there or something brings them here. Anyways {tangent} we got some hilarious photo ops in but of course, since they're an arm and a leg at the studio for each print, decided to just stick to the nice traditional ones.

Some of the family is at the movies seeing The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, but I am really not into sad movies and would have rather had a few hours here at the house relaxing.

Tomorrow is church and more family time and then bright and early Monday morning we head back to Lawrence and to our puppy!

I hope everyone has had a fabulous holiday and been blessed with reasons to be thankful.

No comments: