Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fun with Kayleigh

Because we got to Utah so early, we were able to visit with friends and family before Christmas and maximize our stay.

The Saturday before Christmas I met up with my sister, Kayleigh, and spent the day spending money and hopping around the Provo and Orem area. First stop was to her house to pick her up, then a quick drive through a car wash to get the grime of 1000 miles off the car. Then the American Crafts Warehouse sale. It was awesome. I felt bad for spending so much time there when Kayleigh had already shopped there once! She said she didn't mind, so I took my time. I got a lot of ribbon! and Thickers! I've always loved their gift wrap and packaging but I didn't need much so I only grabbed a set of boxes and a few Christmas tags. I'm SO glad I was in town for the fun.

Next stop was another outlet store, For Every Body. They have an outlet in Lindon where you can buy candles (the 16oz jar candles) for around $4 and a home goods store and scrapbook store connected to it. Deals and gifts were found and purchased.

Next we HAD to stop for lunch. It was already close to 2:30pm and neither of us had eaten. Cafe Rio it is! Oh how I've missed thee. I enjoyed my pork salad bite by bite with enough leftovers for lunch the next day.
(side note, I FORGOT to buy uncooked tortillas. I can't believe I didn't bring any back. Maybe I'll need to drive down to TX to pick some up)

Since Kay is my go-to girl for thrifting, our next adventure involved the Provo DI. I sadly left two fisher price toys behind (space issues) but scored a few issues of Martha Stewart Living (for $0.25 each!) a mug, and a cute old christmas ornament that reminded me of Kermit the Frog. And a magazine holder that's tres cute.

Then Costco, which led to a round of 'let's find the New Super Mario Bros. game for Ryan for Christmas' that ended in Sandy at Target.

Probably one of the best days I'd had in a long time! Thanks for hanging out with me, Kayleigh!

No comments: