Sunday, December 13, 2009

An Update in List Form

It's been awhile since I've posted any personal-type updates, so I'll just breeze through the last few weeks in the form of a list, in no particular order. With a few pictures.

  • First snow! lasted about 4 days until the drizzling rain finally cleared it all out (today)
  • Sickness took over the Alexander household. For about 10 days. It was miserable and I was miserable. Have you ever had to deal with a man-cold? That's what I dealt with for a few days. Love you, honey!
  • Toilet upstairs leaks. Husband buys repair kit and fixes it. Still leaks. Fix again. Leaks in a different place. Fix a third time after much annoyance.
  • Silicone grease from toilet repair made the bathroom floor really slick. Like an ice rink. We had fun.
  • Fabulous Christmas party/ward Family Home Evening. We were there for almost 3 hours!
  • Dirty house. Must find time to clean. And decorate.
  • Decorate house. See pictures below:
{old Gurley fawn candles - one is in pretty bad shape}
{gussied up topiaries}
{advent}
{Pretty much the same tree from previous years}
{In lieu of the store-bought tree skirt I've put up with for a few years, I used an old Christmas tablecloth from the 50s. Much better.}
{these came out of the closet and are on the couch for the holiday season. my mom made them for Ryan and I last Christmas--they're travel pillows}
  • Work on a few crafts to procrastinate cleaning the house
  • Finals - study for and take them (in progress)
  • Figure out travel plans (note to self: take pillows pictured above!) and update GPS with route
  • Bake delicious cookies for the Trunnells 1st Annual Cookie Exchange. Recipe card for you. They're really rich and delicious.

  • Hit up about 5 estate sales in KCMO. Post coming.
  • Lunch with friends
  • Christmas Baking
And here's my to-do list:
  1. Finish Christmas baking
  2. Pay all bills before we leave so our water/heater/gas/electricity is set for us being gone for 3 weeks
  3. Get thee to the post office (must happen tomorrow)
  4. Babysit (love the little boy!) x2
  5. Do all dishes, laundry, etc. There's nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house.
  6. Clean out fridge.
  7. Ready the car for the drive (ugh-did I mention we're DRIVING to Utah for Christmas? Shoot me. I'm pushing for getting it done in one fell swoop. We'll be saying a few prayers that the weather/roads cooperate)
  8. Finish Christmas shopping...or start it.
  9. Movies! Ipods need to be updated and portable dvd player needs to be charged. Have I mentioned the drive? It's 15.5 hours in good weather. oy vey.
  10. Watch more old Christmas movies, like Miracle on 34th Street, The Shop Around the Corner, Christmas in Connecticut, Holiday Inn.
Okay, that's a long list. I'm sure I could drum up more mundane details from the last few weeks, but I'm already bored...so....

Try the cookies. They're delicious!

1 comment:

Micah and Melinda said...

You forgot to list "Meet me in St. Louis" that is my fav, movie!

Drive Careful!! Long drives w/ the hubby are the best for those indepth convos... I love when I can trap Micah in a vehicle for a few hours!

Hope you have a great holiday... I am sending my cards tomorrow, I hope you get it before you leave if not it will wait patiently for you to come home!