Monday, December 31, 2007

Recipe: Refrigerator Rolls (and cinnamon rolls!)

I found a recipe for these on someone else's blog but then didn't bookmark the link nor did I remember what kind of blog it was, so I ended up just using a recipe found through Google. I have to say, these are THE most delicious cinnamon rolls I've ever made and although I LOVE my mom's rolls, these are easier for me to make than her recipe (easy and, well, these seem fool-proof).

Refrigerator Rolls:

4 cups of milk, scalded and poured over

1 cup sugar and
1 cup butter

I set these in the bowl of my kitchen-aid and kept the setting on low.

Let cool and then add

2 packages (or for those who buy in bulk - 5 tsp.) yeast dissolved in
1/2 cup water

Add

8 cups of flour(all-purpose), one cup at a time

Cover and let rise until doubled, then add

1 cup flour mixed with
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Cover and let rise again.

I took the whole batch and rolled it out on a floured surface, rolled it out with a rolling pin and used a round cookie/biscuit cutter to cut out a dozen rolls. Bake at 425 for 12-15 min. So, after I cut out a dozen rolls I still had a substantial amount of dough left. I made these AWESOME cinnamon rolls. Seriously, if I could share one with everyone, I would, that's how awesome they are (I hate to admit this, but I've eaten 9 of them. OH gosh, that sounds worse when I type it and read it again. K, I'm banned from cinnamon rolls for a month.)



For Cinnamon Rolls:
Mix together

1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp ground cinnamon

then spread over rolled out dough rectangle. I then melted another 2-3 tbsp butter (I eyeballed everything) and just kind of drizzled it over the top of the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Then I rolled the dough up and cut them into pieces. I let them sit in the pans for 5 min to rise before I tossed them in th oven. Baked on 400 degrees for 20 min or so (may have been less, I just watched them until the tops were brown).

Cream cheese frosting:

Cream together

1 package cream cheese (8oz?)
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla

then add 4 cups powdered sugar, one at a time. If it gets too thick, add less sugar. If that's too late, add milk 1 tsp at a time.

MMM...Enjoy! (and call me if you make some cuz I want!)

No comments: