Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A {Big Knobhead with No} Knob

Can anyone name that movie? It's one of my faves. I think I'll watch it tonight.

Moving on.

Here are pictures of the knobs I chose to complement the drawer pull. The drawer pull stays. You can hate it but I don't. Now I'm trying to figure out what looks best with it.




As you can see in the next pictures, the wood is a little more dinged-up looking than yesterday's post would have let on. I didn't realize it either until these pictures {but it's probably because I had it on the macro setting}.



My question is, what do I use? I'm leaning toward oval for a couple of reasons. 1) It's the least expensive 2) it covers the most 'damage' from the old knobs and plates.



But I love the rectangle one.


And the round one is a good option, too.

Thoughts, opinions, hate it all?

I was going to share this last item last night but I hadn't yet put a sealer on the newly white frame and therefore it was not photographed. It's a silhouette from the 1950s of a boy named Richard. He's the boy whose information is filled out in the baby book! Just a few years older...


It's going to go on my mirror wall - which I don't think I've shown yet. I have a couple more mirrors to hang and one whose frame I need to paint white to fit in. Anyways, isn't it adorable? Wait until I actually have a baby on the way and I show you the idea I have for silhouettes and a nursery!

1 comment:

Micah and Melinda said...

my least fav is the round... other than that, what a great find! All of your pretties will look so great displayed and if you hate the wood you can always paint it!